To add a printer to your laptop that runs on a Windows operating system (Windows 7, 8 or 10) in the Ross Pendergraft Library (RPL), please do the following:
● Open Internet Explorer . If your laptop runs on Windows 10 that includes the Microsoft Edge browser, you will need to download Internet Explorer 8 or above.
● Type in \\print on the address bar and hit Enter.
● This will bring up a window that shows all the available printers as shown in the image below. Double click UniversalPrintQueue to print.
● After a few seconds the printer should install and be available for use.
● You can now print from Word, Excel, etc..
Please note that all print jobs (color and black & white) are sent to the same queue. Logging on to a black & white printer station will print in black & white and logging on to a color printer station (1st and 3rd floors) will print in color.
We recommend that you use IE; however, you can also add a library printer by doing the following: