vDesktops and StuDesktops are virtual desktop environments at Arkansas Tech. They can be accessed from both on campus and off campus.
- StuDesktops has basic software available (such as Microsoft Office). All students have access to StuDesktops.
- vDesktops has more specialized software (such as Engineering or Emergency Management). vDesktops has additional access requirements over StuDesktops.
For more information, see What is vDesktops?
Please follow the steps below to access vDesktops or StuDesktops:
- Step 1: Download and install the VMWare View Client (32-bit or 64-bit) for Windows at https://vdesktops.atu.edu
- Step 2: Start the VMware View Client (Start > All Programs > VMware View Client).
- Step 3: If you are trying to access vDesktops, enter "vdesktops.atu.edu" (vDesktops). If you are trying to connect to StuDesktops, enter "studesktops.atu.edu" (StuDesktops).
- Step 4: Enter your OneTech ID and password (The domain should say "TECH").
- Step 5: Select the appropriate virtual machine, and click "Connect".