How to Add Course Materials to an Existing Course
To learn what deployment option as an administrator, please click here. (To open the link: Ctrl + one click on the link)
You can add course materials to an existing course by copying them from another course. This maintains the course materials, user enrollments, and records of the existing course while adding the new course materials.
- On the Administrator Panel, in the Courses section, click Courses.
- Search for a course. To learn more, see Searching for Courses. (To open the link: Ctrl + one click on the link)
- Access the course's contextual menu and select Copy.
- In the Select Copy Type drop-down list, select Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- In the Destination Course ID box, provide the course ID of the course you are adding the materials to. If you do not know the course ID, click Browse to launch the search dialog. Select the course and click Submit to use it as the destination course.
- Click Submit.
- In the Select Course Materials section, select the check box of each type of course materials you want to copy to the destination course. To learn more, see About Course Materials. (To open the link: Ctrl + one click on the link)
Select Discussion Board.
- Select Submit.
The job will run. You will receive an email when the job is complete.
It is always good to go into the course and make sure the imported content shows up. It can take up to an hour for all content to appear.