You can use Apache OpenOffice to edit and save MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents. It is available for Windows, Linux or OS. It is free to download at the official Apache OpenOffice website and distribute.
Apache OpenOffice includes the following programs:
- Writer: a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc: a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress: the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw: lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base: lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math: lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
There are numerous ways to view Microsoft proprietary files; however, Arkansas Tech University does not support any of them. While there are several programs on the Internet you can use, the one that seems to work well is Apache OpenOffice.
You will need to know and understand how your system utilizes and installs programs to make use of this.