Remote VPN Tutorial for Windows
Arkansas Tech University supports the connection of a Virtual Private Network, or "VPN", on Microsoft Windows using the Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN client. A VPN allows a user at a remote location to securely connect to campus and access the same network resources and services they'd have access to normally while on campus. A VPN may also be used in circumstances where an on-campus user may need to be connected to a network with higher security. Reasons to connect to and use the VPN connectivity may include, but are
- Student access to RemoteApp or Computer Science resources
- Staff and faculty access to Remote Desktop connectivity to office computers
The GlobalProtect VPN client is freely available to faculty, staff, and students and can be obtained by following the instructions below.
Installation of the GlobalProtect VPN client for Windows is easy and will only take a few minutes. You will need Internet access and will need to be on a computer account with administrator privileges.
- Open a web browser and go to https://vpn.atu.edu
- You will be presented with a sign-in page. Sign-in with your OneTech username and password as shown in figure 1 below.
Figure 1: The GlobalProtect download login page.
- Once signed in, you will be presented with three options for download. The first option is for Windows 32-bit, the second option is for Windows 64-bit, and the third option is for Mac. Pick from the first two options based on whether your Windows installation is 64-bit or 32-bit as displayed in figure 2 right below.
Figure 2: The GlobalProtect download page which provides client install files for Windows and Mac OSX.
- Once the download is complete, find it in your downloads and run it. The following screenshot (figure 3) is from Google Chrome which allows easy access to recently downloaded files.
Figure 3: Pictured here is the Windows 64-bit client install downloaded using Google Chrome.
- Running the file will start the Palo Alto Networks GlobalProtect setup wizard as illustrated in figure 4 right below. Please note that during installation you may be prompted with a Windows popup confirming that you have administrative permissions on the device and wish to continue with installation. Click Next to continue.
Figure 4: The GlobalProtect setup wizard. Click Next.
- During installation, you will be given the option of where to install the VPN client. The default installation location should be used unless there is a need to install the software on another hard drive. Please note that during installation you may be prompted with a Windows popup confirming that you have administrative permissions on the device and wish to continue with installation. Now click Next as demonstrated in figure 5 right below.
Figure 5: The setup wizard allows the user to choose the installation location on the computer. In most cases, the default location should be used.
- Click Next to confirm and start the installation as shown in figure 6 right below.
Figure 6: Once the installation location is chosen, the setup wizard is ready to install.
- Once the installation wizard is complete, click Close as shown in figure 7 below.
Figure 7: The installation wizard is complete.
- and open it from there or find it in your Windows Start Menu and click on it).Now GlobalProtect should be installed and the initial connection box should be visible (if it is not, you can either find the icon in the system tray The client requires some very simple one-time configuration which is to enter "vpn.atu.edu" in the Portal text box. Once that is done, click the "Connect" button as illustrated in figure 8 below.
Figure 8: The GlobalProtect client panel. For first time use, enter vpn.atu.edu into the portal textbox and click Connect which are circled here.
- The VPN client will attempt to connect with the Arkansas Tech University portal. If successful, a box will appear asking for your user account credentials. Enter your OneTech username and password, and click "Connect" to continue as demonstrated in figure 9 below.
Figure 9: Enter your OneTech username and password and click Connect to log in and intialize the VPN connection.
- If the login attempt is successful, the status should change to "Connected" and your username should appear in the top right as shown in figure 10 right below.
Figure 10: A successful login will show a "Connected" status and your username will be shown in the upper right hand corner.
- Installation is now complete and the VPN status should show connected meaning you have successfully connected to the VPN. At this time, you can proceed to use it or you can disconnect. Please remember to always DISCONNECT your VPN connection when you do not need it connected.
The following are some quick instructions for everyday use of the GlobalProtect VPN client. While the full GlobalProtect client panel is useful for installation and troubleshooting in case of issues, the client also exposes a very simple to use System Tray icon. Please remember to always disconnect your VPN client when you are through using it.
- The icon in the system tray is pictured below in its connected (figure 11) and disconnected (figure 12) states. Hovering your cursor over the GlobalProtect icon will also show a popup indicating the connection state as shown in figure 13. The visual difference makes it very easy to determine whether you are currently using the VPN connection or not.
Figure 11: The GlobalProtect icon showing a disconnected state.
Figure 12: The GlobalProtect icon showing a connected state.
Figure 13: Hovering your cursor over the GlobalProtect icon will also show a popup indicating the connection state.
- Right clicking on the icon will bring up its context menu that provides options including Connect. Clicking on the Connect option will bring up the login prompt which will allow you to enter your user account credentials and initiate the VPN connection as displayed in figures 14 and 15.
Figure 14: The context menu can be shown by right-clicking the icon.
Figure 15: Clicking on the "Connect" option will bring up the login prompt. Enter your OneTech user account credentials and click "Connect" to initiate the VPN connection.
- After the connection is established, right clicking on the icon again will show that the context menu has changed and now displays a Disconnect option will can be used to quickly disconnect from the VPN client once you are finished using it as illustrated in figure 16.
-Figure 16: Once connected, right-clicking on the icon again will give you the option to disconnect.
This concludes the tutorial on how to install, connect, and use the GlobalProtect VPN client. If you have any questions regarding connections or use, please submit a ticket or contact the Campus Support Center at 479-964-0583.