This is a legal document between you (“User”) and Arkansas Tech University regarding the Apple iPad mini tablet (“iPad”) in connection with Arkansas Tech University’s issuance of an iPad to you. Carefully read the terms and conditions of this User Agreement, which governs your use of the iPad.
GRANT OF LICENSE
Arkansas Tech University grants to you the right to use this Arkansas Tech University‐issued iPad pursuant to the terms of this User Agreement. Upon the entrustment of the iPad into your care, you assume the responsibility for and liability of the iPad for the duration of the time you are enrolled in the course and section associated with its use. At the end of the course for which you are using the device, you are responsible for returning the device and all associated accessories (charger, cables, adapters) to The Office of Information Systems – Campus Support Center in working order, or you will be assessed a fee on your student account for its replacement cost, which is currently $300.00. You will receive an incomplete “I” grade for the particular iPad associated course until the device is returned.
During the term of this User Agreement, you are fully responsible for any theft or physical damage to the iPad. You must take all appropriate steps to protect the iPad and data against loss or theft. Do not lend the iPad to another person without prior permission. If you do, you are held accountable and responsible for the replacement cost of the iPad, which is currently $300.00, and may be subject to the forfeiture of the device.
SUPPORT AND SERVICE
You are prohibited from opening or making internal modifications of the issued iPad. You can only install “apps” for which you have a valid and current license.
This User Agreement will terminate upon your graduation from Arkansas Tech University, upon your withdrawal or dismissal from Arkansas Tech University, withdrawal from the specific course associated with its use, or upon any other notification from Arkansas Tech University. Notification of termination of the User Agreement shall be in the sole discretion of Arkansas Tech University.
ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY POLICIES
In connection with your use of the iPad, you must comply with all of Arkansas Tech University’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to policies pertaining to information technology. Failure to follow Arkansas Tech University policies in connection with your use of the iPad will result in a termination of this User Agreement and you may be subject to the forfeiture of the device.
DETAILED TERMS OF THE USER AGREEMENT
- I agree to use the iPad in a responsible manner and in accordance with university policies and procedures, specifically including the Arkansas Tech University Student Handbook as well as the Arkansas Tech University Computer Use Policy, in effect now and in the future. The policy can be located at https://ois.atu.edu/ under Policies (https://support.atu.edu/link/portal/16084/16101/ArticleFolder/60/Policies).
- I agree to comply with all applicable State and Federal laws, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property law pertaining to software.
- I agree to not remove or alter any of the identification tags attached to or displayed on the iPad. I understand that services and support is contingent on proper display of the identification tags.
- I agree not to assign, transfer, pledge or otherwise dispose of this User Agreement or any interest conveyed by this User Agreement to me in the iPad. In addition, I will not lend the iPad or otherwise permit it to be possessed or used by anyone other than me.
- I agree to use this iPad in a careful and lawful manner, and will not make any physical alterations, additions or hardware changes/improvements to the iPad.
- I agree to not remove any pre-installed software or apps on the iPad that were provided by Arkansas Tech University while it is being used. I agree to wipe the device of personal data and installed apps and restore it to original settings prior to returning the device at the end of the agreement.
- I agree that Arkansas Tech University is not responsible for the loss or theft of any information or data I have downloaded to or saved on the iPad.
- I agree to take necessary and practical care to keep the iPad secure, safe and in good working condition.
- I understand that I have no right to privacy on this device and specifically agree that an Arkansas Tech University representative may review its contents at any time for any reason. Further, I understand that Arkansas Tech University has placed a tracking program on this device which will reveal personal data about me.
- I understand that this iPad program may be terminated at the discretion of Arkansas Tech University.
- I agree that Arkansas Tech University may amend the terms of this User Agreement (to include cancellation) upon serving me a written Notice of Amendment. Such Notice of Amendment will be effective 5 days from the date of the mailing, e-mailing or delivery of the Notice of Amendment.
- I agree that Arkansas Tech University is not responsible for any injuries, damages, penalties or losses, including legal costs and expenses, incurred by me or any other person caused by the transportation, installation, use of or any other matters relating to the iPad.
- I agree that this User Agreement and any amendments or supplements to it will be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas and the United States of America. I agree that no delay or failure to enforce any provision of this User Agreement will constitute a waiver or limitation of Arkansas Tech University’s rights to enforce the User Agreement.
The following identifies different associated fees that may be applied to your student account, and are part of the iPad mini tablet program.
All accidental repairs are covered under the User Agreement. If an iPad is found not to be repairable, the iPad will be replaced at the user charged $300.00 for an iPad replacement.
Lost iPads must be reported to Campus Security and The Office of Information Systems Campus Support Center immediately. Upon the second replacement of equipment, a student user will be charged the full replacement cost of $300.00.
Any iPads lost due to theft must be reported to Campus Security and The Office of Information Systems Campus Support Center within three days. Upon the second replacement of equipment, a student user will be charged the full replacement cost of $300.00. (Note: any unaccounted for iPads can be remotely shut-down and rendered useless).