OneDrive is a place where you can store, sync, and share your work files. As part of Office 365, OneDrive lets you update and share your files from anywhere and work on Office documents with others at the same time.
Where can I find my Office 365 OneDrive?
It is located in Office 365. You have to login to your Office 365 account at office365.atu.edu in order to view and access it. After you have logged in,
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner and then click the "Office 365" link.
- Click Install Status on the left.
- Click Install desktop applications to the right.
- Click the "OneDrive for Business" icon on the right.
How does it work?
In Office 365, there is a new action on OneDrive, called “Add to my OneDrive.” Whenever you are using OneDrive on the web, or through the mobile app, you will see this when you are browsing content that others have shared with you. Clicking “Add to my OneDrive” will add that folder to your OneDrive. From then on, whenever you browse your OneDrive, you will be able to see any of the shared folders you have added. And on the sync client, when you select what folders to sync, you will see all the shared folders you’ve added. Select the shared folder(s) you want and they will immediately begin syncing to your PC or Mac.
What operating systems support Shared Folder of Office 365 OneDrive?
Shared Folder sync is available on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and MacOS. Windows 8.1 users will need to upgrade to Windows 10 to get this feature. Note that you will only be able to sync shared folders where you have Editor permissions.
How do I use my Office 365 OneDrive?
Please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Office 365 account at office365.atu.edu.
- Click on the Office 365 link in the upper-left corner.
- Click on the "OneDrive" icon. It will open a new tab.
- You can begin to create, edit, upload and/or share your documents to others.
- When sharing a document with others, you can use their Tech email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.