Welcome to Arkansas Tech University.
Here are a few technology tips and sites to get you started using the student systems here.
1. First of all, make sure you have your admissions acceptance letter handy. At the bottom of the letter you received from Tech there are three key pieces of information that you will need to access most of the technology resources at Tech:
- Student (Assigned) ID (The capital letter “T” followed by 8 digits)
- OneTech Username (ID) (usually the first letter of your first name appended to your last name, for example John Smith would be jsmith. If there are a lot of Smiths who have a first name starting with the letter “J” your username may have a number following it. For example, John Smith might be jsmith22 since Smith is a pretty popular last name.)
- Password (your initial password is assigned as your date of birth followed by the letters “Atu”, please note that the “A” in Atu is capitalized. For example, if you were born on 12/26/90, your initial password would be 122690Atu It is important that you change your password after the first login.
Note: References to your Login Username (ID), Email Username (ID), Blackboard Username (ID), Computer Username (ID) and Username are actually the same as your OneTech Username (ID). Your Assigned ID# and Student ID # are actually the same as your T#
-->> Example from Admissions Letter Begins Here.
Assigned ID: «ID»
Tech Email: email@example.com
After one week you should be able to access your account through One Tech:
OneTech Portal: http://onetech.atu.edu
OneTech User Name: «yourusername»
OneTech Password: BirthdateMDYAtu
<<-- Example from Admissions Letter Ends Here.
2. Open an internet browser ( Firefox, Chrome, IE, or Safari), put in https://onetech.atu.edu and open this site.
3. Login to this site using the ID and Password from the letter.
4. If you are having problems with this login, please call the Campus Support Center at 479-968-0646. Its hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. Once successfully logged in, you are on your way.
From this site you will have access to the majority of the electronic resources you need at Tech. Your tabs will differ depending on your roles at Tech.
You will access your email application under the Home Tab on OneTech. OneTech email is your official mail! All mail from agencies and classes at TECH will use this email for correspondence to you. To access your OneTech mail, click the grid in the top right corner and select Email.
Also under the Welcome Tab on OneTech, is where you will need to change your password. You should do this on the first login and be sure to remember it.
Your OneTech ID and password are the keys to other resources.
Other Important sites at Tech to help get you started and to answer questions you may have:
Be sure to browse these sites and become familiar with the information they can offer.
Blackboard Learn – the Course Management System at Tech. All online courses and many face to face courses use this course management system. When you log into Blackboard Learn you are registered in a Blackboard Resources for Students Course that has tutorials and other information to get you going. Its URL is: http://blackboard.atu.edu
The Office of Information Services (Computer Services) Website – Access to information concerning the computer resources, computer labs, Help and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and outage information. Its URL is: https://ois.atu.edu/
Remember, the Campus Support Center is located in the Ross Pendergraft Library and Technology Center, Room 150 (just inside the North entrance) and its hours of operation can be found above. Its walk-in hours are the same as the Library's hours of operations
The Campus Support Center's contact information is as the following:
- Telephone: 479-968-0646
- Toll Free: 866-400-8022
- Fax: 479-964-0565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org