Please see the Quick Start Guide for Instructors
- Learn the basics of Respondus Monitor [video: 2 minutes] : http://respondus.com/products/monitor/movie-monitor.shtml
- An overview for your students [video: 2 minutes] : http://respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/student-movie.shtml
- Attend a training webinar Respondus: Training webinars are the best way to get up-and-running with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser. Register for one today.
- Why a practice exam is important: Ensure your first exam using Respondus Monitor runs smoothly! Have students take an ungraded practice quiz that requires the use of LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor, before taking a graded exam. Leave the quiz available for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so students can check their setup from a different computer.
Using LockDown Browser and a Webcam for Online Exams
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser and a webcam for online exams. The webcam can be built into your computer or can be the type that plugs in with a USB cable. Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the webcam feature.
Then download and install LockDown Browser from this link: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/information.pl?ID=147834412
To take an online test, start LockDown Browser and navigate to the exam. (You won't be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.) For additional details on using LockDown Browser, review this Student Quick Start Guide (PDF).
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you're in a location where you won't be interrupted.
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc..
- Clear your desk of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices.
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test.
- If a webcam is required, make sure it is plugged in or enabled before starting LockDown Browser.
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted.
- If a webcam is required, you will be recorded during the test to ensure you're using only permitted resources.