Duplex printing is a feature of some computer printers and multifunction printers (MFPs) that allows the printing of a sheet of paper on both sides. Print devices without this capability can only print on a single side of paper, sometimes called single-sided printing or simplex printing.
On most printers you have to enable duplex printing in the printers properties. The following steps are generic steps to follow because not every printer driver is designed the same.
1. Verify that the printer supports duplex printing. You may have to ask around to know if the printer can print using duplex. You may also have to consult the printers user manual.
2. Open Devices and printers on Windows 7 or Printers and Faxes on Windows XP.
3. Right Click on the printer you want to make changes to. The printers dialog box will appear.
4. You should be on the "General" tab in this dialog box. If not then click on the "General" tab. Look for a button called "Change Properties" and click it. This will allow you to make changes to the printers properties.
5. Click on the "Device Settings" tab and look for an option to enable duplex printing. This is where I mentioned that not all printer drivers are the same. You may have to look around to find the correct option to enable duplex printing.
If you still cannot enable duplex printing, it could be that the incorrect driver has been installed or the driver has become corrupted. You will need to Contact the Campus support Center at (479) 968-0646 to correct this issue.