Approved December 2003
Arkansas Tech University is committed to protecting the privacy of students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Arkansas Tech University will not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us. Furthermore, any information you choose to provide on the website will only be used to provide or improve services. Arkansas Tech University guards your privacy and appreciates your trust.
E-mails and Web Forms
Personally identifying the information you provide by e-mails or web forms will be used only for such purposes as are described at the point of collection (for example on a web form), such as to send information to you, update your records, or to respond to your questions or comments. If you provide contact information, Arkansas Tech University staff may contact you to clarify your comment or question, or to learn about your level of satisfaction with our services.
Any credit card or billing information you provide for services, such as payment for registration, is stored securely and is used only for the intended purpose.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
During your visit as you browse through the website, read pages or download information, the software will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit but not about you personally. The information does not identify you personally. The software will automatically collect and store only the following information about the visit:
The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if a private Internet access account, or "xschool.edu" if connected from a university) and the IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Web) from which access to our website is gained;
The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
The date and time of access to our site;
The pages visited and for how long; and
The address of the website from which the initial visit to www.atu.edu was launched if any.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. The data that are collected are not connected to your personal information or identity.
Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to other sites. Arkansas Tech University is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, which may be different from the privacy practices described in this policy. You are encouraged to become familiar with the privacy policies of other sites you visit, including any linked sites.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Arkansas Tech University uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, or attempt to disrupt service on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1001 and 1030. Information also may be used for authorized law enforcement investigations. Except for the above purposes, and as otherwise permitted by law, no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
Additional Information Regarding GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (May 25, 2018)
Your rights if you are identified as a 'data subject' within the regulations of the GDPR
When using our website, communicating with us and/or submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it.
- The right of access
- You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being processed and have the ability to access your personal data.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request and get your personal data that you provided to us and use it for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. To request your personal data, please contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice.
- The right to object
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Direct marketing (including profiling); and
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Automated individual decision-making and profiling
- You will have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a complaint with authorities
- You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
For details about your rights under the law, visit https://gdpr-info.eu/
We reserve the right to change or modify this privacy statement at any time. If we revise our privacy statement, we will post those changes on the site to make the users aware of the changes. This will keep the users informed of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Last Updated (Monday, 03 May 2010 - 2:12:44 pm CDT) Modified (Friday, 25 May 2018 - 1:35PM)