Please follow the Arkansas Tech University password policy below to create your password:
- All passwords must be at least 8 characters long.
All passwords must contain at least three of the four following requirements:
- 1 lowercase letter.
- 1 uppercase letter.
- 1 digit.
- 1 special character.
- New passwords cannot match any of your previous SIX passwords.
- Users can only change their password once in a 24 hour period.
- Users can use no more than two consecutive characters found in their username and/or full name. Example: a user with a name of John Doe (jdoe10) cannot use a password that contains any of the following combination of letters: 'joh', 'ohn', 'doe', 'jdo', 'oe1', 'e10'.
- If you log in with an incorrect password five times in five within five minutes, your account will be locked.
- All passwords must be changed every 90 days.
If you would like to activate your account for ATU sites (OneTech, Blackboard, etc), you can navigate to the Account Management System (AMS) website. Select the first link, "Activate Account".
In order to active a new account, the following information is required:
- Username – It can now be just your OneTech ID as well as ATU email address. For example, either jdoe1 or firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
- Last Name
- Birthdate – Must be in MM/DD/YYYY, MM/DD/YY format with or without leading zeros.
- E-mail Address – Must match an email address ATU has on file for you including your OneTech email address.
- Mailing Zip Code – Must be your mailing zip code we have on file for you.
- Google Recaptcha - Check the box or enter the information when prompted. Make sure you check the "I'm not a robot" checkbox" before clicking on the Submit button as shown in the image right below.
Any typos in spelling or formatting will result in an unsuccessful match. Always double check your information before submitting the form.
You will be asked to create new security questions. These are to provide additional security to your account. Choose questions that are easy to remember and have only one answer. For more information on the security questions see the 'Security Questions' section below.
The first time users successfully identify or authenticate using Activate Account, they will be presented with a security questions page to populate answers to a total of 5 different questions. A combination of these questions and answers will be used when the users return to the site to future authentication and access to the AMS.