The following is a list of requirements client devices must meet to connect to wired and wireless devices at Arkansas Tech University. It is up to the owner of each device to ensure these requirements are met.
- Internet settings on the device must be set to automatically obtain both the IP address and DNS server addresses.
- The operating system running on the device must be as up-to-date as possible, especially concerning security patches.
- If the device is capable of running antivirus, it must be installed, running, and up-to-date.
- Internet connection sharing or hotspot modes must be disabled.
- Extension of the network in any way including, but not limited to, internet connection sharing/hotspot, switches, hubs, and routers (wired or wireless).
- Network sniffing, probing or penetration testing by use of means such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, etc.
- Running servers of any kind.
- File sharing of copyrighted materials.