This article will walk you through the process of connecting to a digital signage player in the Adfotain software, as well as sending new content to the player. If you don't already have it, you'll need to download and install the Adfotain Manager Express software, currently at version 4.6.60, located here: https://support.iadea.com/hc/en-us/articles/213090166-Adfotain-Manager-Express-4-6-60. When you open it up, it should look like this:
1. Once you have the software open, the first step will be to select the model of player you're going to send content to, using the drop-down list at the top-left. Generally speaking, if you're updating the room signage in Corley, you'll select "XDS-1060 series." Everywhere else on campus (again, generally) uses the "XMP-320/3250 series." You may have to expand the drop-down list to see all of the choices.
2. Next, you'll need to add your content that will be sent to the player. You can use a wide variety of file formats (video, images, web pages, etc.), but the most commonly used for our digital signage purposes is PowerPoint slideshows. All you have to do is drag-and-drop your PowerPoint file into the media section on the right. Note: the PowerPoint file must be saved as a 97-2003 file (.ppt). If it is saved as a newer PowerPoint file (.pptx), Adfotain will not be able to display it.
Once you load your content, it will stay in the "Recent items" section until you clear it out. At this point, you can preview the files to make sure they look correct. You can also add multiple files to your media list. The first one will play completely, then it will play the second one, etc. When it gets to the end of the list, it will loop back around to the first file.
Once your content is loaded correctly, it's time to click "Proceed to export," and move on to the next step in the process.
3. Now we need to find the players that you'll be sending your content to. On the export screen, you'll probably just see a blank list, since you haven't gone through this process yet. Make sure that the "via Network" option is selected at the top-left, then hit the "Scan" button.
4. After scanning, the Adfotain software should pull up every player of the selected type that is connected to your network. Most networks are only building-wide, so you won't be able to reach players outside of your building. When you scan for the first time, all of the results should have a "locked" symbol by them, and they should indicate that they need a password.
5. At this point, you'll need to contact the Instructional Technology Services office and have us enter the password in for you. We can either do that remotely or on-site. Just call 479-968-0646 and tell them that you need ITS to provide a digital signage password, and they'll send you straight to us. Once you do have the password entered, the icon by the player should change to a green dot. You'll only ever need to enter a player's password once, after which it will remember that it has been entered.
6. At this point, once all your players are activated, you're ready to upload your content. Simply click on a player to highlight it and then click Export at the bottom-right to send the content. If you want to send the same content to multiple players at once, you can also highlight multiple entries before clicking Export.
And that's all there is to it! If you have any questions about the process, or if you run into any trouble while following this guide, feel free to call the Campus Support Center at 479-968-0646.