- Launch the Java Control Panel by clicking the Java icon under System Preferences.
- Go to the Update tab in Java Control Panel and click on Update Now button that brings up Installer window.
- Click on Install Update.
- Click on Install and Relaunch.
- Save all your work before clicking Install and Relaunch.
- Once the installation is completed the Java application will be relaunched.
- If the Java application does not relaunch, manually relaunch so you can take advantage of the latest Java.
If you choose Remind Me Later, you will be reminded of the update the next time you run Java.