Please follow the Arkansas Tech University password policy below to create your password:
- All passwords must be at least 8 characters long.
All passwords must contain at least three of the four following requirements:
- 1 lowercase letter.
- 1 uppercase letter.
- 1 digit.
- 1 special character.
- New passwords cannot match any of your previous SIX passwords.
- Users can only change their password once in a 24 hour period.
- Users can use no more than two consecutive characters found in their username and/or full name. Example: a user with a name of John Doe (jdoe10) cannot use a password that contains any of the following combination of letters: 'joh', 'ohn', 'doe', 'jdo', 'oe1', 'e10'.
- If you log in with an incorrect password five times in five within five minutes, your account will be locked.
- All passwords must be changed every 90 days.
To change your EXPIRED password, please go to the AMS website. Click Change Password, and then you will need to enter your username and most recent expired password.
After you successfully change your existing (non-expired) password, you will see the message below. Additionally, an email confirmation will also be sent to your ATU email.