Your U drive is your personal storage space that you can access from any campus computer by logging in with your username. When you log in to a computer, the My Documents icon on the desktop is automatically mapped to your U drive.
When you log in to a campus computer, it is a good idea to store your classwork and other important files to your U drive in case you need a backup copy of your homework or other files.
To access the U-drive from off-campus, please follow the procedure below.
- Download and install Filezilla if it is not already installed. You can download Filezilla from filezilla-project.org.
- Open FileZilla and click on File, then Site Manager.
- In Site Manager, click on New Site.
- Name the new site “StuDrive”.
- Make sure Protocol is set to “FTP – File Transfer Protocol”
- Set the host to “studrive.atu.edu”
- Set Encryption to “Require explicit FTP over TLS”
- Set Logon Type to “Ask for password”.
- Click Connect.
- Type your OneTech username and password, and click OK.
- If you receive a warning about the certificate, click OK.
- When you are finished with the session, you can click on the disconnect button at the top of the screen.
- To connect later, click on File, then Site Manager.
- Click on StuDrive, then Connect.
Mogrify Web Studios has a tutorial on how to use Filezilla.