Important: Make sure your MacOS device is connected to ATU-Wireless or a residence hall wireless network. If you choose to use a hard-wired Ethernet connection, make sure you are connected to the TECH network. Please use this guide to assist in installing Arkansas Tech's Safe Connect policy key. Be sure to select the "Mac OS Installer".
Adding a PaperCut Printer
1. After connecting to Tech's network, navigate to >> "System Preferences".
2. The "System Preferences" dialog box will appear. Select "Printers & Scanners" in the list.
3. Before making any changes, the "Printers & Scanners" menu will need to be unlocked. Click the icon to unlock these preferences. Enter in your Mac's credentials. When entered in correctly, you should see the icon. Proceed to step 4.
4. Click the icon under the "Printers" list.
5. The "Add" dialog box will display. This dialog box displays a list of all of the discovered printers on the network.
6. Select "Default" to query all AirPrint capable printers >> then select "universalprintqueue" in the list of printers to choose from. Click "Add" to finish the setup process. After the printer is successfully added, it should appear in your "Printers" list.
Note: If the printer is not displayed, make sure that "Use" is set to "Secure AirPrint" as shown below. If the printer still does not show up, make sure you are connected to ATU-Wireless. To further troubleshoot this issue, close the "Add" dialog box, disconnect from ATU-Wireless, and reconnect to ATU-Wireless. Then repeat steps 4-6.
7. For security purposes, be sure to click the icon to prevent unwanted changes to the "Printers & Scanners" menu. When clicked, the icon should change to .
8. Your PaperCut Printer is now added. You can now close out of the remaining dialog boxes.
Printing using PaperCut Mobility Print
1. Access the desired document/web page you wish to print.
2. Select the printer/queue "universalprintqueue".
3. Click "Print..." to release the page(s)/document(s) to the Universal Print Queue.
4. Locate a printer release station. You can swipe your card or sign in with your Tech username and password.
5. Once logged in, select the job you wish to release, and click "Print" next to the job to send it to the desired printer. If you choose to send all jobs to the printer, click "Print All".
6. After your page(s)/document(s) print correctly, click "Log Out" to log out of the release station.
Below is a quick instructional video over how to use Mobility Print on a MacOS device:
Mobility Print supports macOS Yosemite+.